Coronavirus news: Our commitment to customers
Nothing is more important to us than your safety and the safety of our employees. We’re taking extreme measures to ensure the wellbeing of our customers and employees. We know many of the services we provide for you are essential. We vow to continue to provide services as long as possible – while employing additional safety measures.
Like many of you, our employees are parents and have loved-ones who are at higher-risk if exposed to the Coronavirus (Covid-19). For the safety of our customers & employees, we are postponing service to anyone with Covid-19 symptoms. It’s important to the safety of our entire community that we take this step.
If you have an emergency situation and have Covid-19 symptoms: Please contact us. We’ll make every effort to assist you utilizing video conferencing and other measures we can deploy.
We’re Committed to Continuing to Provide Essential Services
Again, we will continue to provide services to all other existing and new customers who are non-symptomatic. We are taking the following measures to assure everyone’s safety:
- Please understand our Service Technicians, Installers, and Sales/Comfort Consultants will not shake your hand. If a customer offers his/her hand, we will remind them handshaking is not advised.
- Our employees will use disposable shoe covers, latex gloves, and facemasks as needed in all customer homes. These items will only be used once per home and then disposed of in a sealed container.
- We have equipped our employees with additional soap, water, and sanitizer. All employees will thoroughly wash their hands before entering your home, after leaving your home, and as needed while working in your home.
- We have postponed all employee group meetings and gatherings until further notice.
- We ask that all of our customers practice social distancing with our employees as much as possible per CDC (Center for Disease Control) guidelines.
- If you require additional safety measures during this crisis, please advise a Customer Service Representative when booking your appointment or call 480-855-8789 to discuss it with us prior to your technician’s arrival.
A word about Air Filters, Electronic Air Cleaners, Air Scrubbers, Air Purifiers and the Coronavirus (Covid-19)
As many of our customers are aware, one of the essential services we provide is indoor air quality, air cleaning, and air purification. We use air scrubbers and other air purifiers in our own offices and homes and have published many articles, reviews, and other information about air scrubbers and similar devices.
Most often, we install the Air Scrubber by Aerus (formerly Air Scrubber Plus) and the Lennox Pure Air (combination MERV-16, Hospital-Grade HEPA Filter / UVC Ultraviolet Lights). Other products include the Reme-Halo.
We’re aware some HVAC companies are taking advantage of the Covid-19 crisis by publishing false statements or exaggerations of these products capabilities. We want you to be aware of what these products can and can’t do so you can make an informed purchase decision.
Air Purifiers and Covid-19 Facts
- Only UVC lights (like found in the Lennox Pure Air & select brand air scrubbers) are proven to destroy viruses. UVA and UVB lights do not.
- There are NO studies showing ANY air purifier on the market can kill the Covid-19 virus. Yes, the Air Scrubber has been proven to kill similar viruses and strains. However, Covid-19 is a new strain and to our knowledge no conclusive testing has been done. See the graphic below for virus types and times to eradicate the virus listed from testing conducted on the Air Scrubber Plus.
That said, we highly recommend HEPA filtration combined with air purification to everyone. We’ve been studying, using, and installing these products for over 20-years for a reason – they work. Reducing airborne and surface contaminants (of any type or strain) from your home makes sense for healthy and sick people alike.
Our continued commitment to you: We will NOT raise our current prices on any air scrubber or other air quality device installation during this crisis. We will also not exaggerate claims or use other scare tactics – now or ever!
Please keep your family safe!
These are scary and unprecedented times for all of us. However, after serving this community for 23-years, we have faith in our clients, friends and neighbors. All of us need to work together and help each other through this – we will beat this virus!
Please don’t hesitate to let us know how we can help you during these difficult times.
Magic Touch Mechanical