6 Ways To Avoid Emergency AC Repair In Phoenix
It’s already August, but there are still many toasty days ahead before our air conditioning systems in Phoenix, AZ will start to get a break from the heat. You may be worried that your AC won’t make it to the end of the season without suffering from a breakdown. Don’t worry: we have some tips below for how you can give your home’s air conditioner the best chance possible of sailing through the rest of the summer. Whenever you need help from professionals, simply give us a call!
- Schedule repairs the moment you sense anything wrong: And we mean anything. You can’t afford to ignore even the slightest change in the way the air conditioner operates. Notice odd clicking sounds from the cabinet? Notice frost or ice building up on the evaporator coil or refrigerant lines? Detect the system turning on and off at times when it shouldn’t? Is there water dripping out of the cabinet or backup condensate drain outside? Then call Magic Touch for AC repair immediately to have the problem looked at—before it can become worse.
- Keep the thermostat set as high as possible: Find the highest comfortable setting on your thermostat and stick with it during the day. A good setting for most is around 78°F. A multi-day programmable thermostat will help immensely with automating your temperature settings throughout the day and night.
- Change the air filter if you haven’t already: Air filters for HVAC systems need to be changed anywhere from every 1 to 3 months depending on the type of air filter you use. Even with a high-end filter, the one in your system may be ready to be changed out if you haven’t done so recently.
- Rely on fan-only mode: If your air conditioning unit is equipped with a variable speed blower (indoor fan motor or evap. motor), turn the switch on your thermostat to the “fan-on” mode. That will take pressure off the compressor by circulating already conditioned air throughout your home, like having a ceiling fan on in every room. If you’re not sure if you have a variable speed motor, you can always schedule a tune-up visit and one of our HVAC Service Technicians can not only let you know, but also check the other components while he’s there.
- Keep your blinds closed during the day: If your windows are not equipped with solar shade screens to help reduce the amount of heat entering your home all day long, at the very least, keep your blinds or drapes closed during the day so your ac unit doesn’t have to run all day to keep up.
- Check your attic insulation levels: Attic insulation keeps the energy your air conditioning unit has already produced inside your home longer. If your attic insulation level is low, your AC needs to run more which can lead to more frequent breakdowns.
When you need fast air conditioning repair service in Gilbert or Phoenix, AZ, call on the award-winning team at Magic Touch Mechanical.