Day & Night PHR5 Packaged Heat Pump
Day & Night PHR5 specifications include: Two-stage heating and cooling, sound ratings as low as 68dB, and efficiency ratings of up to 15.50 SEER.
The whole name of this model is a mouthful. It is the Day & Night Constant Comfort 15 Packaged Heat Pump – Model PHR5. Told you so!
Read detailed information about the Day & Night PHR5
Day & Night Constant Comfort 15 Highlights
- The Day & Night PHR5 aka Constant Comfort 15 packaged heat pump offers up to 15.50 SEER cooling efficiency and 8.50 HSPF heating efficiency. It is Energy Star qualified.
- One of the quietest in its class! Compared to even premium brand packaged heat pumps, the Day & Night PHR5 is slightly quieter
- 5-Year “No Hassle Replacement Warranty”. If a major component like the compressor or coil fails during the free-replacement period, Day & Night will replace the entire unit!
- Two-stage compressor for efficient and comfortable heating and cooling no matter the outdoor conditions. A great feature for homes in Phoenix, AZ Metro. area.
- Multi-Speed electronically controlled blower motor.
- Designed for roof top and ground-mount applications.
Who Makes Day & Night Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps?
The “big three” HVAC manufacturers are Carrier, Trane, and Lennox. Technically Goodman (owned by Daikin) is the largest but is not as well-known as the big three. Day & Night air conditioners are made by the same company that owns Carrier. The company also manufactures the Bryant and Payne brands.
Day & Night Packaged Units for Manufactured Homes
Manufactured homes aka park model homes are typically constructed the same way mobile homes and some RV’s are. Usually the air ducts are located underneath the home in the “belly”. As space is limited, the ductwork in these homes are usually very small compared to ductwork found in single-family homes.
These homes are frequently fitted with packaged units located on the ground in the rear yard. Day & Night units are especially well suited to work with the high “static pressure” of these small ducts.
Many Magic Touch Mechanical clients own manufactured homes and we’ve installed hundreds of Day & Night units for these clients. We were so impressed with their reliability, longevity, and quiet operation, we decided to carry their complete line.
The Day & Night PHR5 gets our vote of confidence (when installed properly!).